Oral Cancer Screening.
- In order to maintain the best oral health possible, regular, comprehensive dental exams are a necessity. In fact, the American Dental Association recommends that you visit your dentist at least twice a year.
- Regular exams are vital to assess possible problems such as gum disease, oral cancer, cavity development, and replacing worn out dental work such as metal fillings and discolored crowns.
- Catching problems early on will prevent bigger problems
from developing down the line, which will end up saving you time and money.
Emergency Treatment &
- Emergency services are available to help relieve any pain or discomfort you may be experiencing.
- Emergencies are seen during regular business hours, and our staff monitors the messaging system and regularly returns calls during non- business hours.
Routine & Deep
- Periodontal disease, commonly known as gum disease, is caused by bacteria in plaque. If not consistently removed, these bacteria build up, infecting your teeth, gums, lower gum tissue and eventually the bone that supports your teeth - a common cause of tooth loss. This disease has three stages of progression: gingivitis, periodontitis, and advanced periodontitis. The longer the disease has to advance, the more damage it causes.
- Thanks to advancements in detection and treatment, we can discover periodontal disease early and begin treatment before complicated issues arise.
- Over the past two decades, tooth whitening or bleaching has become one of the most popular esthetic dental treatments. Since the 1800s, the initial focus of dentists in this area was on in-office bleaching of non-vital teeth that had discolored as a result of trauma to the tooth or from endodontic treatment. By the late 1980s, the field of tooth whitening dramatically changed with the development of dentist-prescribed, home-applied bleaching (tray bleaching) and other products and techniques for vital tooth bleaching that could be applied both in the dental office and at home.
- The tooth whitening market has evolved into four categories: professionally applied (in the dental office); dentist-prescribed/dispensed (patient home-use—the most effective kind of tooth whitening); consumer-purchased/over-the-counter (OTC) (applied by patients); and other non-dental options.
- Woburn Street Dental offers a wide variety of tooth whitening services. Please contact our office to ask about our latest tooth whitening technology.
What is a Root Canal?
A “root canal” is a term used to describe the natural cavity in the center of a tooth. This area contains a soft area known as the pulp chamber that houses the nerves. If this area becomes irritated or infected due to cavities, trauma or decay, root canal therapy is necessary. If left untreated, the infection can cause an abscess, which can lead to swelling of the face and neck and bone loss around the roots of teeth.
- According to the American Association of Endodontists, root canal therapy is the most feared dental procedure of all. That's not surprising; in our society, root canals have been characterized as being excruciating and unbearable. Despite this stigma, root canal therapy is actually a pain-free, quick and relatively comfortable procedure. In fact, it relieves your pain and can prevent more complicated oral issues down the road.
- Here at Woburn Street Dental we can put your fears at ease.
The Doctors of Woburn Street Dental are experts at complete smile makeovers. By using a variety of dental procedures a complete and satisfying smile can be achieved! Set up an appointment today for a consult!
Pediatric Dental Services.
Woburn Street Dental offers comprehensive dental services for children of all ages at our convenient location. If determined necessary a referral to an appropriate specialist will be made (Pediatric Dentist or Orthodontist)
Dental Services for Infants
At an infant's first oral exam (strongly recommended for 6-12 month olds), our friendly Doctor and Dental Hygienist will:
- Evaluate your infant's oral health
- Provide education about cleaning baby teeth & gums
- Discuss the effects of bottle feeding, nursing, baby food on your infant's teeth
- Discuss growth and development of a healthy mouth
Dental Services for Children & Adolescents
Woburn Street Dental offers a full range of dental services for children and adolescents.
Our services include:
- Comprehensive oral evaluation
- Assessment of risk of tooth decay
- Teeth cleaning
- Fluoride treatments
- Sealants, Tooth-colored fillings
- Space maintainers (to save space for adult teeth)
- Athletic mouth guards
- Teeth whitening (for adolescents)
- Cosmetic dentistry
- An increasingly popular alternative to silver amalgam fillings are composite white fillings. Unlike Amalgam fillings, composite fillings are virtually invisible and our team at Woburn Street Dental can shade them according to the color of your teeth to create a perfect match, giving you a beautiful, silver-less smile!
- Ideal for protecting a cracked tooth or covering up discoloration, crowns from Woburn Street Dental can be a great solution for improving your smile.
- A crown is a tooth shaped cap that fits over a problem tooth to improve strength, size and appearance.
- A bridge may be used to replace missing teeth, help maintain the shape of your face, and alleviate stress on your bite. A bridge replaces missing teeth with artificial teeth, looks great, and literally bridges the gap where one or more teeth may have been.
- Your bridge can be made of gold, alloys, and porcelain, or a combination of these materials and is bonded onto surrounding teeth for support.
- There are two basic types of bridges. A fixed bridge which remains in your mouth at all times and is supported by your natural teeth. Removable bridges (Partials and Dentures) rest on the gums where the missing teeth are being replaced and they are removed from the mouth several times a day for cleaning.
Despite our best efforts to save a tooth,
sometimes extraction is the only alternative.
If this is necessary, we here at Woburn Street Dental are committed to providing you the most comfortable, pain-free procedure possible.
Factors leading to extraction include:
- Extensive trauma
- Substantial tooth decay
- Gum Disease
- Badly cracked or broken teeth
No one likes the idea of losing a tooth, however there are options we can provide to fill the empty space or replace the tooth, such as:
- Implant Restorations
- Implant retained dentures, which look and feel like normal teeth
- Traditional or premium dentures
- Dental bridges, which are false teeth fused between two crowns
Cosmetic bonding is used to help improve the natural look of your teeth. Let us show you how!
- Dental veneers (sometimes called porcelain veneers or dental porcelain laminates) are thin, custom-made shells of tooth-colored materials designed to cover the front surface of teeth to improve your appearance. These shells are bonded to the front of the teeth changing their color, shape, size, or length.
- A lot of times Dental Veneers Treatment can be performed with very minimal or even without any preparation to the underlying tooth structure, hence requiring very little or no Local Anesthesia and causing no permanent damage to the natural healthy dentition (teeth) underneath.
If you have been told you have periodontal (gum) disease, you're not alone. Many adults in the U.S. currently have some form of the disease. Periodontal diseases range from simple gum inflammation to serious disease that results in major damage to the soft tissue and bone that support the teeth. In the worst cases, teeth are lost. At Woburn Street Dental, we have the latest in technology and are skilled to address periodontal disease.
Don't wait for disease to advance. Receive the treatment you need today.
ClearCorrect is the clear and simple alternative to braces. It's a series of clear, custom-made, removable aligners that gradually straighten your teeth as you wear them, each aligner moving your teeth just a little bit at a time. They're practically invisible, so most people won't even know you're in treatment, they fit you perfectly, so they're more comfortable than regular braces, and they're removable, so you can eat whatever you like and clean your teeth normally.
Ask us at Woburn Street Dental for more information about ClearCorrect and what it can do for you.